Saturday 14 July 2012

0

The Simple Life

Posted in
I'm having one of those lazy days were I'm slacking off on the things that I should be getting done - oh well. So as I sit here thanking God for the weekend, pondering on the future, I had a flashback to when I was about 13 or 14 years old and I remembered all my aspirations from that time. I wanted to be a career woman, be the CEO of something, or be famous movie star, own a flashy car, a house, some real estate, be the big boss. Even though I still want some of those things (a car, a house..) I sometimes think I would be content with just being a simple Jane living a simple life somewhere in JA, just a housewife with a couple of kids.

Lately the dreams of ruling the world (or whatever little of it I can) does not give me that little tingle it used to before. These days I fantasize about being married, cooking/baking, having babies, staying pretty for the hubby and all the other simplicities that come with domestication. At the age of 20, the words 'children' and 'marriage' seemed liked curse words, that engendered visions of slavery, torture and misery. So you can imagine my complete empuzzlement (yes I did make that word up) at finding myself searching for recipes online, engaging cute little children and planning my dream wedding! Gone are the dreams of conquering the world, now I just want to conquer the kitchen. My teenage self would slap the black off of me if it were here now. Maybe it's just a phase, maybe it's a side effect of staying too long in a crappy job or maybe this a permanent change. I don't know, only time will tell.

0 comments:

I'm looking forward to reading your comments